Whether it is your first DUI arrest, or you have already been through the booking and prosecution process, it is your constitutional right to defend yourself. As you may know, having even just one DUI conviction on your record can impact your life in unexpected ways. For example, you may lose your good reputation or even your freedom upon conviction.
There are several approaches DUI defendants in and around Costa Mesa can take to protect themselves following a drunk driving arrest. For best results, consulting with a criminal defense attorney is a wise decision. Doing so can open the door to defense options you may not have considered.
Law enforcement and/or administrative errors often offer the most effective path to a successful defense. Below, you will find several examples of these types of defenses.
- Improperly administered field sobriety and Breathalyzer tests
- Lack of probable cause to pull over your vehicle
- Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was within the allowed limits when the stop occurred but rose after you were stopped
- Improperly administered blood tests to determine your BAC
- The Breathalyzer used during the traffic stop was not properly calibrated
- Possible contamination or mishandling of the samples used for testing
The main takeaway here is not to give up on creating an effective DUI defense. With proper legal representation, you have a good chance of overcoming the charges you face and preserving your normal way of life.
When you consider the growing consequences of DUI convictions in the state of California, it makes sense to exercise your constitutional right to defend yourself against these charges.