Costa Mesa Criminal Defense And Immigration Law Blog

Applying For A Green Card Through Marriage? Expect Many Questions

Marriage between a citizen and non-citizen qualifies the non-U.S. citizen for a prized green card. Because a few people married to get a green card, immigration authorities assume other couples might be doing it for the same reason. So, they will carry…

read more

Can I Bring My Children To Live With Me In The U.S.?

Families come in all shapes and sizes. Not all couples marry. Not all children who live together share the same two parents. If you want to bring your child to the United States, you need to understand how immigration authorities define children.…

read more

Cooking The Books Could Harm Your Immigration Status

You might consider business accounting as a game. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) lays down a set of rules. You look for ways to work around those rules. Companies and individuals across the world play this game. Those who are best at…

read more

Can I Bring My Fiancé To The United States?

Getting engaged with someone is an exciting time with lots to do. If they live in a different country, finding the right engagement ring may be the least of your worries. Your biggest problem is how to get them to live in…

read more

Can I Get A Green Card If I Have TPS?

A Temporary Protected Status (TPS) permits you to stay in the country and work without the threat of deportation. Currently, there are around 400,000 people from 12 countries with a TPS. The problem with a TPS is the government can remove it at any…

read more

How Immigration And Legal Marijuana Use Collide

Marijuana is legal in California for both recreational and medicinal use. Since then, several other states have followed suit. If you’re an immigrant who hopes to obtain permanent residence in the United States, however, what’s legal for everybody else can get you…

read more

Domestic Problems Could Become An Immigration Issue

What happens in your home may not stay in your home. If a family member accuses you of domestic violence, you could face all sorts of consequences. One of these could be damaging your chance to remain in the country. Immigration authorities…

read more

Can I Bring My Elderly Mother To Live With Me In The U.S.?

Leaving your home country to live in the U.S. can be bittersweet. You can look forward to a brighter future for your children, who have grown up with the right to stay here. Yet, as your parents who stayed home grow older,…

read more

Is Recreational Marijuana Legal In California?

| |

Getting confused about marijuana laws rules could lead to severe penalties. California has legalized recreational marijuana use, yet it still has restrictions. Is there an age restriction on marijuana use? To buy, possess or use marijuana, you need to be at least 21…

read more

Has the citizenship test changed?

There are many steps to becoming a U.S. citizen. One of the ones you may worry about is the citizenship test or civic test, as it is also known. Reports abound of Americans who have lived here all their lives struggling to…

read more

Learn More About What We Can Do To Help

We invite you to call us at 949-459-5900 to schedule your free initial consultation. You can also reach our firm by contacting us online.

Tell Us About Your Case

Fields marked with an * are required
I Have Read The Disclaimer *(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Each time we take a case, we look at the big picture: What can we do to best help solve the problem as efficiently as possible. We use our experience and creativity to propose solutions that allow you to put your legal matters behind you.

© 2024 Brown & Stedman LLP. All rights reserved.